Some would call SMS marketing the most effective marketing channel ever invented. They wouldn’t be wrong either.
With a bone-crushing 98% open rate, if text messaging were an Olympic athlete, it would win all the medals in every sport, even figure skating.
Running a text messaging campaign isn’t rocket science. It’s actually the complete opposite of rocket science. It’s as simple as you typing your message and hitting the big send button. Congrats, you are a mobile marketing expert already.
Who isn’t utilizing text messaging nowadays? You have political candidates reaching over 10 million subscribers during some recent campaigns, to American Idol receiving more votes via text message than the President received to win the presidential election.
Want Value, You Get Value
With a 98% open rate for text messages, there couldn’t be a more efficient use of your marketing dollars. And when we say dollars, we actually mean cents. It’s really that affordable.
Text messages are quick, only taking a few seconds to hit thousands of phones at the same time. Once it’s arrived, the average time to open is 4 minutes. That’s scary fast!
Outside of senior citizens who still very much need a landline phone, everyone has a mobile phone. Maybe not everyone, but it’s getting very close. In the United States, 91% of people have a mobile phone; that’s a lot of mobile phones!
72% of all mobile phone users regularly send and receive text messages. According to the CTIA (Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association), in 2009, Americans went crazy for text messaging, sending more text messages than actual phone calls.
Did you know that 82% of all Americans never leave home without their mobile phone? Did you know that half of all Americans sleep with their mobile phone? If you want to reach your customers where they are, mobile is the only solution.
More Great Stats on Mobile…
- More than four in 10 Americans say they “can’t live” without their mobile phone.
- Nearly half of Americans say they sleep with their mobile phone nearby.
- 79% of smartphone users would find it useful to download money-off coupons to their phones.
- 73% of smartphone users would receive instant money-off coupons as they pass by an item in a store.
- 72% of all teens ages 12-17 send and receive text messages.
- 35% of 12 year-olds say they text daily.
- 54% of 14 year-olds say they text daily.
- 70% of 17 year-olds text everyday.
- Girls are more likely to text than boys with 77% of all girls texting while 68% of boys do.
- Older girls ages 14-17 are the most avid texters – 69% say they text their friends every day, while 53% of boys the same age report daily texting.
- More than 7 in 10 (71%) of cell-phone owning parents of teens 12-17 say they send and receive text messages on their cell phones.
- 65% of all adults 18 and older send or receive text messages.