With millions of people flocking to Google+, it’s time we all focused more it. Google isn’t being passive about their new social network, they are using everything in their arsenal to drive adoption. More popular brands have thousand of followers already, but for some it’s not quite that simple.
With that in mind, I started looking for wards to highlight my Google+ profile on my Wordpress blog. My goal was to showcase my profile in the sidebar, and help drive my readers to add me to their circles on Google+. After looking through dozens of different options, I finally settled on Gplus Badge, a highly customizable Google+ badge plugin for WordPress.
How it Works
It adds a widget to your Wordpress blog that will display an “Add to Circles” badge for your Google + profile or page. You simply update the plugin with your Google+ URL, and it does the rest of the work for you. Gplus Badge then displays your name, profile image, number and images of people who have added you in their circles.
The other great thing about the plugin, is that brands can use it to gain +1′s and followers as well. I only use it for my personal Google+ account, but I can see this badge being extremely beneficial for brands. Your visitors can +1 your TLD without leaving your website, or they can use the link to
- Gplus badge is not restricted to Google+ pages, it works for profiles as well.
- Gplus badge can show your profile image, the official Google+ badge can’t do this.
- Gplus badge can show the dynamic “Add to Circles” button for pages, so people can add your page to their circles without leaving your site.
- Gplus badge shows the number of your followers on Google+, the official Google+ badge can’t do this either.
- Gplus badge can show images of people who have added you to your circles, this adds credibility to your followers.
- Gplus badge can show a +1 button for the website as well, so your TLD builds authority as well.
- Gplus badge is fully customisable. You can choose which information to show or hide (size, header, follower images, +1 button, background colors, border colors, text colors and much more).
Props to Skipser Arun for creating an awesome WordPress plugin. Be sure to add him to your circles as well!